We’re looking for someone who can mix the left-brain and right-brain. Not just a coding robot, but someone who can develop creative solutions to problems they haven’t run into before. Having at least 3 years of experience, Skills must include great project management, organization and the expertise to complete a site from initial design to implementation. You must be an excellent communicator and team player and have great written and oral communication skills with a customer service orientation.
Gathering, interpreting requirements from clients and designers and translating them into CMS (WordPress) based websites with pixel-perfect fidelity to Photoshop comps.
- Testing, debugging and refining websites to produce final product.
- Collaborating closely with designers to support production of highly interactive, engaging, UX-focused websites.
- Managing development workflow and communications with team and clients using cloud-based collaboration tools.
- Providing development scoping support to fast-moving business development team
- Code custom functions, plugins and templates to create custom themes.
- Design and implement new features, content and enhancements to existing websites.
EXPERIENCE + QUALIFICATIONS
At least 3 years experience as a Wordpress Developer. If you lack this, you will have to WOW us with your innate understanding of the medium, outstanding skills, and ability to grasp and execute the position’s requirements. You will need to act as a one person team.
- Can handle any compatibility issue a browser throws at them
- Expertise in WordPress
- Strong Adobe Photoshop skills
- Understands the differences between responsive design/native app/mobile dedicated sites and the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- Working knowledge of HTML emails, Newsletters and the coding requirements associated using PHPLIST.
- Can utilize online resources to get over any development hurdles encountered
- Experience with client interaction which requires good written and oral communication skills, and most importantly, patience.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven, technical and design-focused environment
- Understands progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- A team player that can lend ideas to a project and raise development red flags
- Can work within budgetary constraints and knows how to simplify when necessary
- Ability to compare a PSD to a coded page and pick out the differences is key.
- All things being equal, we want a candidate who demonstrates a proactive attitude, take-charge personality and “can-do” demeanor.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher is expected in a related field such as Digital Media, Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems, but not required if work experience and coding samples are of the highest quality.
- Although it’s not a necessity, if you have experience finding your way around server side technologies, that’s great.
- Can you make “an app for that?”
- Have also worked with other CMS’s like Drupal and Joomla.
We’re a bit different from most companies… here are a few things that set us apart:
We love what we do, and occasionally find ourselves working late nights and weekends on projects. But we also need a break, just like everyone else. So, we have an unlimited vacation policy. MERCURY Advertising features a fast-paced, collaborative and friendly work environment. We seek talented employees who are eager to learn new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. We’re a small company that does big work — and we’re growing fast.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please fill up the form and submit your resume below.